Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Timbrel vault first experiment

this is not a completed timbrel vault but a quick experiment. After a first try the second went better and then i started to get into it.



I used gypsum wall plaster. Have no idea if it is as good at pure gypsum, but once you complete there is no strength in the plaster anyway but opposing forces.

I would butter two ends, put it in place for like 5 seconds, then lightly lean a stick against it. then move to the next brick. building one more on each line at a time.

If you bang on it is like a drum, and i really bang hard on it.







I need to make one vault like this, then i put mortar between the next course and the third. I is supposed to be stronger than just a brick as thick as 3 thin ones. Like plywood.

3 comments:

  1. I read Your Post.very Nice Information Keep Posting I share Your Post To My Facebook Friends All Please Read My Post Download adobe flash player for android 2.2 tablet And Share To Your Facebook Friend how to increase traffic to your website

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I know it is spamm, but so few people comment i left it there to make my blog look better. lol

      Delete