Sunday, January 1, 2017

Reclaimed wood use.

(disclaimer - Like most people I have too big of a carbon footprint, and I am a consumer.  I do strive to consume less and have a smaller foot print.)

At work we buy fiber cables on spools.  the spools are made of wood.  Other heavy items are shipped on wood pallets.  Before someone uses them as firewood I try to claim them for rough useage.

Geoffrey taking a pallet apart.  part of a spool set aside for some use.



Pallet was used for paneling on the metal door frame.

Later it was painted with (ahem) oil paint.  Since then I have some experience with lime and clay paints.  Next time.

1 comment:

  1. I'm extremely impressed with your writing skills and also with the layout on your weblog. Is this a paid theme or did you modify it yourself? Anyway keep up the excellent quality writing, it’s rare to see a great blog like this one these days..fall protection system

    ReplyDelete