Sunday, June 18, 2017

buidling with Bamboo: Bamboo gate

I have used bamboo for curtain rods, replacement of rebar in ring beams, and garden stakes, and decorative stuff.

This was my first attempt for something more difficult (but not very difficult).  After the putting the first joints i decided to go as much with pure bamboo as possible.

finished.

Frame. cross pieces pass through and then a bamboo dowel secures it
 Before the last dowel
Making bamboo dowels/ nails

 Bamboo dowels




Splitting the bamboo for filling in the frame.
 Each rails is attached with a tight fitting dowel


 Want the fit to be tight but not too tight.  if too tight it can split the bamboo.  hose clamp to keep it from splitting more



the top hinge
 the bottom hinge.  will straighten when i cement it in.

12 comments:

  1. Awesome gate. I really like the bamboo joints and the use of bamboo dowels.
    How is the gate holding up? Have you had any further splitting (your hose-clamp idea is awesome). In particular I'm interested in the hinge, does it withstand frequent use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am your fan.......awesome idea.....thumbs up =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing Post really appreciative cover more and more helpful topics that's help us to getting more information from your blog Thank You!

    https://www.concrete-info.com/quikrete-vs-concrete/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Allow me to introduce the LE-MERIDIAN FINANCING SERVICES. the loan company that grant me loan of 5,000,000.00 USD When other loan investors has neglect my offer but Le_Meridian Funding Service grant me success loan.they are into directly in loan financing and project  in terms of investment. they provide financing solutions to companies and individuals seeking access to capital markets funds, they can helped you fund your project or expand your business.. Email Contact:::: lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com Also  lfdsloans@outlook.com or Write on whatsapp Number  on    1-(989-394-3740)Good Intend,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm it seems like your blog ate my first comment (it was extremely long) so I guess I'll just sum it up what I submitted and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog. I as well am an aspiring blog writer but I'm still new to everything. Do you have any helpful hints for newbie blog writers? I'd certainly appreciate it.
    fiberglass rebar vs. steel rebar

    ReplyDelete
  6. Does your blog have a contact page? I'm having a tough time locating it but, I'd like to send you an e-mail. I've got some creative ideas for your blog you might be interested in hearing. Either way, great site and I look forward to seeing it develop over time.
    safety decking

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is very interesting, You are a very skilled blogger. I've joined your feed and look forward to seeking more of your great post. Also, I have shared your site in my social networks! Alex Shcolyar

    ReplyDelete